Don't let the plain appearance fool you! This one is a keeper!
Kelli's "Fruit Basket" Pie
· 1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust
· 4 cups thinly sliced, peeled Granny Smith apples (about 4 medium Granny Smith apples)
· 2 cups thinly sliced, peeled peaches (about 2 medium peaches)
· 1 cup diced unpeeled nectarine (about 1 nectarine. Do not peel, and cut in small pieces.)
· 1 cup diced unpeeled plums (about 2 to 3 small plums. Do not peel, and cut in small pieces.)
· 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
· 3 TBSP Lemon Juice
· 1/3 Cup All-Purpose flour
· 1 tsp Cinnamon
· ½ tsp Salt
· 4 TBSP Unsalted Butter (1/2 stick)
· 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
· ½ Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
· ½ Cup Sliced Almonds
· 4 TBSP Unsalted Butter (1/2 Stick)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place pie crust in ungreased 9 inch pie plate, pressing firmly against side and bottom. Pinch edges of crust. Gently prick bottom and sides of crust with a fork. Bake crust in oven for 10 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside. Turn oven down to 400 degrees.
In a large skillet or pan on stovetop, melt 4 TBSP Butter and add all fruit. Gently stir to coat fruit with melted butter. Add 1 cup sugar, 3 TBSP lemon juice, 1/3 cup flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, and ½ tsp salt to skillet. Stir gently and cook over medium heat for about 10 to 12 minutes until filling thickens and fruit begins to soften. Add fruit filling to warm pie crust.
In a medium bowl, gently mix together 1 cup all-purpose flour, ½ cup packed light brown sugar, and ½ cup sliced almonds. Cut in 4 TBSP unsalted butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. (You can gently squeeze portions of the mixture together in your hands and then break up into smaller pieces for larger crumbs if desired.)
Sprinkle Crumb Topping on fruit filling.
Cover edges of crust with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning.
Bake pie in a 400 degree preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until topping is lightly browned.